Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Beginning Of My Journey

Disclaimer: A Professor of English I am not, nor am I a professional stitcher. I will make mistakes. I will not have all the answers to your questions. I choose to be present, not perfect. Well I might be a little O.C.D. maybe just a little. In time you will learn that what I share comes from my heart and my love of creating. If you have questions that I do not know the answer to, I will tell you I don't. If your question is something that intrigues me, I will see if I can find the answer. Maybe someone else on the site may have your answer so we can learn together. I do not believe in bullying, bad behavior, or harassment. These actions will not be tolerated. This is a judgement free area. 

Where to begin? From the beginning is what I have always been told. This journey is not unique in any way, however, it is one that I am drawn to share. If only to touch another soul who has lost their "Mojo" to express to them that they are not alone in this quest we call life. Pull up a chair make sure to have your favorite cup of tea, coffee, soda, or water. It is up to you. Fair warning, I tend to be long winded, it is one of my many weaknesses. I already know this about myself, you do not need to tell me. You may choose to stay or leave, that is also up to you.

This journey begins for a quilter who had suffered many of life's speed bumps in a short period of time; tragically somewhere along the road she lost her creativity. One day while exploring Pinterest she casually clicked on a Cross-Stitch pattern whose colors seemed to have been kissed by rays of sunshine. Oh how they shimmered and shined, how had this happened? Further investigation was a must. Cautiously she clicked one pin then another not wanting to get her hopes up, would she find her lost "Mojo" only time would tell. That first click was just over a year ago, how do I know you ask, that woman was me. Hi, my name is Susan, this is my story. During our time together I will share my adventures into the world of Applique, Cross-Stitching, and crochet one stitch at a time. 

In order to go any further I must give a heartfelt shout out as well as thank you to Bonni. Without her I honestly believe this journey would not have come as far as it has nor been as interesting.  

 

Enjoy The Walk

Susan

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I am happy to support your efforts whenever I can. Nice first post. Journals are a great way to help to keep centered as well as to branch out. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonni,
      You have been with me through all of journey. I would not have made it this far without you. Your the best!

      Delete
  2. You say that now but wait until we're both in the middle of HAED's and looking for that one floss that we both though we had and neither of us can find it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m for you I’m excited for you. Beautiful quilts I know will enjoy seeing what you’re up to. God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Quilting For The Soul I will try to keep everything updated to share my progress. Take care. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete