Saturday, September 4, 2021

September Cooler Weather On The Way

Well it is September already that means cooler weather is on its way. Today is September 4th that means there are only 112 days until Christmas. For those of you who have projects that need to be completed and shipped by USPS this holiday season you may want to check this link out:

This is what it states: The planned peak-season pricing, which was approved by the Governors of the Postal Service on Aug. 5, would affect prices on commercial and retail domestic competitive parcels – Priority Mail Express (PME), Priority Mail (PM), First-Class Package Service (FCPS), Parcel Select, USPS Retail Ground, and Parcel Return Service. International products would be unaffected. Pending favorable review by the PRC, the temporary rates would go into effect at 12:00 a.m., Central Time, on Oct. 3, 2021, and remain in place until 12:00 a.m., Central Time, Dec. 26, 2021.

I do have items that need to ship in this time frame so I will be paying attention and will update if this is approved by the PRC (Postal Rate Commission).

Okay now that I have got that out of the way on to something fun. 

I have not shared some of the test quilts that I have been working on. Mind you these are only the tops and have not been quilted. Today I did order backing fabric so I can complete some of my UFO's some of these will be included:

Dad's Plaid
Boxed Dutchman
One Is Like The Other

I have 2 more test patterns that comes out in November. I can't wait to share them with you. I am working on another that comes out in January of 2022. 

I am continuing to write in my planners and will try to update my blog at least once a month. I hope those in the storms paths are safe and being taken care of. I hope those who have been ill are on their way to recovery. I wish blessings and peace for all. 

Enjoy The Walk

Susan




2 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt tops look. You're doing great on testing! Hang in there. Thank you for the information on prices for USPS going up, even if it is temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilts!!! How do you find the energy to do a blog, quilt testing, produce preserving, working fulltime, giving Nikki a birthday, ....Ok, now I'm exhausted just from thinking of all of that!! Great job hon! Thanks for the heads up about postal rates! You are something else Miss Susan!! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete