Sunday, August 1, 2021

AUGUST ALREADY?

 So it looks like I update my Blog every 2 months. I am working on trying to make it monthly by writing in my Happy Planner so I keep track of all that I am doing. 

Work has been going gangbusters. We had our Open House at Edward Jones on July 12th. We were the 1st to use the New Big Scissors for the Jackson Chamber of Commerce during our Ribbon Cutting. I am truly blessed to work for such an amazing and caring company. The support and friendships are priceless. 

   
 


We made our first payment on our land, felt good to get that process rolling. Now if the prices of materials would become realistic again we might be able to purchase our new home to put out there. Those 8 acres are just waiting for us to develop them into our dream come true.

I was working on another Test Quilt for The Quilt Pattern Magazine, the deadline was July 30th. I was able to submit the top with the report on July 26th. It felt good to get that one done. They has it listed as a beginner I let them know I totally disagreed with that. 

We are now doing our JITSI Sit N Stitch the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of each month. We started our with 4 who would show up and now we have at 7 joining us. It is good to be able to talk with women who understand what you are doing and might even be able to answer a few questions you might have. Let's not forget the inspiration we all are blessed with when viewing the work each of us have completed or are working on. Our Time To Quilt continues to grow with women from all over the world. It is good to see that Quilting is still Alive and Well. I hope that it continues to grow and is passed on to the next generation. 

Last but not least I had my Annual Review, I don't know why but these always stress me out. I will tell you it started out that way and then I realized we are all Human and that no one including myself is perfect. I come to work everyday, I go above and beyond to meet our clients needs as well as the 2 Financial Advisors I work with. Once that sank in I was in a better place. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. I received Exceeds Expectations, with one area that I can choose to develop or not. So all in all it was a very good review. 

So to make sure I end on a positive note I will continue to keep writing in my planner so I am able to share more with you next time. Take care until then. 


Enjoy The Walk

Susan
















7 comments:

  1. A wonderful post! You HAVE had a busy month. You are so organized for your reviews that you should never be stressed over it. I know, I know. That is easier said than done. :) I'm glad that you got your test quilt submitted on time...every ahead of time! I hope that is the case with me and my test quilt THIS month. LOL. Continue on your fantastic journey my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it has been a busy month but I still feel like I am behind in a few things. Now that the Test Quilt is done and I made a promise not to do one for awhile I am hoping to get caught up on some of my monthly projects. I know you will have that Test Quilt done in NO TIME. You also get them completed ahead of time.
    I am glad you are a part of this journey, you are what makes it one Fantastic ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog post and I loved seeing the photos of your job! You look so pretty and happy there! Congrats on the land and oh, the price of lumber WAS 4 x normal but is now only 2x normal. sigh. So I guess it is getting slowly better. I will cross my fingers for you. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, great blog and cool information! I appreciate our sit and stitch Saturdays. Thank you for all that you do for our group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie. I can't get it to publish my name. User error, lol.

      Delete
  5. Thank you ladies for your kind words. Jeannie that is okay just enter your name at the end of the comment and I will know it is you 😊

    ReplyDelete