Monday, May 31, 2021

"Do You Realize What You've Done?"

During a conversation I had recently with a good friend, she asked me "Do you realize what you have done in the last 6 months?" Not thinking I said "No, what" she started to remind me of all the things I have accomplished in the last 6 months. Wow, I have been productive! 

1) I started this Blog. 

2) I became Moderator for the Groups IO for Our Time To Quilt site as well as on the Live Streams on Sundays.

3) I helped Co-Create our Jitsi Sit N Stitch on the 3rd Saturday. That was such a hit with the ladies we are now have it on the 2nd & 3rd Saturday's of each month.

4) I began to Cross Stitch.

5) I began to work on applique with the button hole stitch.

6) I started Journaling in a Big Happy Planner.

7) I created a Project Happy Planner to keep track of my current  projects.

8) I became a Tester for The Quilt Pattern Magazine. Who would of guessed I would enjoy testing quilt patterns. Not Me!

9) I organized my sewing room, then decided it needed to be re-arranged to be more functional. 

10) Another good friend let me know that she started listening to Brené Brown. I let her know I remember hearing the name before but never listened to her. She told me to look up her podcast or on You Tube. I am glad I did. I realized I am my own worse enemy, in turn I found my Self-Worth again. Have I told you how lucky I am to have such great friends! 

Well I am going to sign off for now. I hope you are surrounded by people you love and who love you. 


Enjoy The Walk

Susan



4 comments:

  1. It is us who are fortunate to call you friend. it does my heart good to see you recognize your achievements. Yes that was plural. You have certainly grown in the last six months. I think you probably had already started on the steps to your self worth but just somebody to clean your glasses so you could see it better (grins).

    Never give up. Even on small step will keep you on your journey. Look at what you have accomplished by putting all those small steps together!

    I'm proud of you and look forward to seeing how much more you can accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonni you have been a large part of the growth as well as accomplishments I have walked through one small step or stitch at a time. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Susan!! It is wonderful to see it all in writing - WOW! Congrats hon and we love watching you fly! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Deb. It is good to be on the road to getting my grove back. I am in a much better place now.

    ReplyDelete