Monday, January 24, 2022

2022 The Year of Challenges and Growth

 In 2022 I have decided the only way to grow is by challenging myself. The first way was by being exposed as well as testing positive for Covid19.  Due to my allergies and asthma I believe it was a mild case due to having both vaccines and the booster. 

The next way I decided to grow was to begin an embroidery project for the year. I have being following Stitching A Round on Facebook and liked some of the concepts. 

I decided I wanted this project to have a special meaning to myself so I chose to use Sunbonnet Sue for each month instead of the icons. I will applique her to each month with the Button Hole Stitch. Kudos to Bonni Feltz for introducing that stitch to me. 

I will learn a new stitch to outline the spoke of each month. I will add other stitches and maybe even some Derwent Inktense Ink Pencils to add some additional texture. I can't wait to see how it turns out! This is what I have done so far:

    


I have been thinking about things I have always wanted to do but never took the time to do them. One is to learn Calligraphy. I chose to start with Modern Calligraphy. I am participating in a course by The Happy Ever Crafter with Becca at #showmeyourdrills_2022 . There is no judgement on where you are when you start or if you have ever picked up a pen to write Calligraphy. I like the atmosphere and the mentors who work with Becca. This is my very 1st assignment, onward and upward:








Boy Becca wasn't kidding when she said the squiggly one would be the hardest. That's okay. I will learn this just like anything else I have chosen to do.  I am not going to judge my practice drills, or be hard on myself. I am going to enjoy the experience and the time spent learning. 

At work we are choosing a word for 2022, mine is Content. In this world you are taught to want more of everything, that you have to have it all. 
I have come to realize that just isn't the case. 

I know, it took me long enough, remember WIP (work in progress) God isn't done with me yet. I am so blessed with my family and friends. I need to learn to be content with who I am and what I have and know that it is perfectly fine.

Well my lovelies I am getting tired and that alarm clock goes off mighty early in the morning. Take care of yourselves, do something kind or special for yourself. Remember you can't take care of others or even be there for them, if you don't take care of you!

Enjoy The Walk

Susan


4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I love your Sunbonnet Sue's in the round. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi. I am even trying to wrap my head around some variation of yellow for May. That may take awhile. I think it will probably be closer to an orange yellow. LOL

      Delete
  2. I think you are doing great on your projects. You're Sue's are coming along nicely. It will help you slow down (because of the stitching) and I know you love working on it so it will be a good project. I am in awe of anybody who can do Caligraphy. I tried on my own and it didn't work out. You, however, are doing great and I can't wait to see it incorporated into your projects. Keep up the great work!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bonni. I'm going to try to work on it nightly at least half an hour with an hour at least on the weekends. I am really enjoying it. I have wanted to try to learn Calligraphy for sometime, I am happy that I found the group that I am working with. They are a very nice group. Yes, I am slowing down with the stitching but I am really enjoying it. I still have quilting projects to work on as well.

    ReplyDelete